The Elderly Rights Movement Project was funded by the European Union under the “Cypriot Civil Society at Work VII Grant Scheme ” and is implemented by the “Association of the Elderly Rights and Mental Health”. The project started on 11 November 2021 and will end on 11 November 2023.
The Goal Of The Project
The aim of the project is to increase the quality of life and defend the rights of all individuals over the age of 60 living in Northern Cyprus, regardless of their gender, race, language and religion. In line with this purpose, it is aimed to establish the necessary legal and institutional infrastructure and to develop the capacity of the association in order to ensure that the nursing homes and home care services for the elderly in Northern Cyprus are of decent quality.
- Carrying out activities that raise awareness about the rights of the elderly,
- Examining the laws and nursing homes of other countries and contributing to the drafting of the nursing home law by cooperating with the relevant ministries,
- Providing training on elderly care for caregivers,
- Providing training on financial and administrative skills to nursing home administrators,
- Development of the association’s fundraising strategies.